December 24, 2009

Where's S0utherngirl?

Hi Blogland,

I have been a busy bee lately and haven't been blogging lately. Life is fantastic... with the exception of me being out of work after being laid off just before Thanksgiving. Despite that I'm happy and feel like I'm in a really good, happy place. I don't have much to say about my hair, other than that it's on the grow. Somewhere along the way I discovered that my hair was long enough to rock a full on ponytail. Here are a couple of recent pics:





Now for the exciting stuff :)

On my birthday one of the goals that I set for myself was to run the 2010 Disney Princess Half Marathon... but then I didn't do anything. No running, no training, nada. Well, I registered for the race back on the 15th and have been training for it since then. I'm now in Week 2 of Hal Higdon's Novice Training Program and so far so good. I'll keep you all posted on how my training is going.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone!

5 comments:

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Hey I see we all have been missing in action. Glad to see you back and from looking at the pics your hair has grown alot! Yo and your locks look lovely!

Glad to see you running again, I remember in an old post you had put it away. I so miss running, last time I ran was the end of June, as soon as I can ( after baby) I will be running again. I'm so out of shape, lol.

Good luck on the half, I remember we were suppose to do that race together, maybe in 2011, thats if we are still into running. Anyhow last but not least, when one door closes another will open. Glad you are being optimistic. I wish you the best.

Take Care

CardioBunny said...

@BB Thanks girlie! I did take a break from running... I think trying to stick with a plan made it feel like a chore for me. So I'm making sure I allow myself a lot more flexibility this time around.

Let's make it a date to run the next one, or another one. I think Miami has a big half marathon too. That will give you something to work towards post baby :)

Jen Feeny said...

You are adorable!!! I think you should hit up "Running Circles around the Turtles" for inpsiration, she is a fellow Orlando blogger and also doing the Disney Princess Half. It's a great one and not to mention the whole Tiara thing! LOL! Good luck on training and if you ever need advice shoot me an email!

CardioBunny said...

Thanks for stopping by Morgan. I'll definitely check her blog out :)

Naturally Sophia said...

All I gotta say is that ponytail with cowboy ish was HAWT!